The benefits of a student ID card are innumerable. Find all the information you were looking for and discover what you can do with a student ID card, as well as the different types of student ID cards and much more.
What is a student ID card?
A student card allows its beneficiary to be recognized as a student, which entitles him/her to benefit from the numerous advantages offered not only on the university campus but also in the different stores with student ID card discounts. This card usually contains the beneficiary’s personal data, as well as a photo for identification purposes.
Benefits of ID student card
With your student card, you can benefit from a lot of advantages, not only from an academic point of view. You will also get discounts on cultural events, historical visits or stores of all kinds.
What discounts do you get with a student ID card?
Above we present a list of places or services which you can get a discount for or even be exempt from paying if holding a ID student card:
- Tourist guides
- Cafés, bars and restaurants (25% off discount with Domino’s Pizza, special offers at Subway)
- Accommodation reservations
- Public transport, bus reservations, short-distance and long-distance trains (discounts with VIA Rail, 20% off with National Express, 15% off discount with ALSA)
- Flight tickets (discount of up to 15% with Emirates, 5% off discount with Omio, up to 20% discount with Qatar Airways).
- Entertainment: cinema, theatre, concerts, festivals, etc. (students usually pay less everywhere)
- Clothing stores (10% off discount with ASOS)
- Bank accounts (banks such as HSBC, Santander, Barclays, RBS, or NatWest offer attractive incentives to students, apart from removing the maintenance fee)
- Sport & fitness centres (reduced gym membership with Fitness Hut)
- Computers and electronic equipment (up to 20% off discount with Lenovo or ever-changing discounts with Apple or Samsung)
- Streaming platforms (50% off Premium Spotify)